Tuesday, December 8, 2009

YA, I know


Lately, I've been seeing YA (young adult) books popping out everywhere. And it seems like everything is just about Vampires, rich kids, snobby teens, etc... you name it. OK, I love the Twilight saga (blushes) and I've read all books plus the Midnight Sun draft - and I was completely hooked. I had a fever for about... 3 months. I'm starting to watch the Vampire diaries, too and planning on reading the LJ smith The vampire diaries series.

So, What is it with these books that The youngsters nowadays love it so much? I guess It's a trend, most young people have that certain fantasies and when they get into it It's like a world they get into so they can experience the things they really want to do in real life. Unfortunately, The youngsters of our generation gets the wrong message. So most kids are influenced in a way and I think sometimes It's not their fault, The parents also contribute in the way they act. For me, It's not always about "buy me this, buy me that" thing, If you can control your child - DO IT! Don't just give in what they want. Explain the pros and Cons of reading these kinds of books, I'm pretty sure they'll understand. It's great to know that the children of today are into reading, but we have to learn how to balance it out with great non-fictional books to feed their knowledge that will surely benefit them someday.

I remember when I was a kid, the books that I was interested in were The goosebumps by R.L. Stine, The Archie comics and The Nancy drew Mysteries. I wasn't really hooked on reading novels just yet but today, It's amazing how young the kids are who are into YA books. I guess this is the new generation for you. :)

0 comments: